Three in five Canadians say they are likely to go camping this summer, according to a recent survey from Ipsos and Energizer Canada. Two thirds of those do most of their camping during long weekends – so this means you are likely in the process of gearing up right now.
The same survey showed that as many as half of respondents say they usually forget to bring something important when they camp. So make a list. Don’t get caught without the things you need when braving the great outdoors. Here are 10 must-have items to jumpstart your packing for any long weekend:
1. Flashlights are the No. 1 item we would never leave home without. The survey showed that flashlights even topped the tent as the most essential camping must-have.
2. Reusable water bottles to keep the family hydrated.
3. A digital camera to capture the best memories for later.
4. More bug spray and sunscreen than you think you’ll need.
5. Camp chairs – each person should have one, for mealtimes and hanging out by the fire.
6. A tarp or two in case of surprise rain or storms. Lay one under your tent before set up, or put one over the site to keep it dry.
7. Warm sleeping bags are key for warm sunny days that turn into cool summer nights.
8. Keep a few LED lanterns around to brighten up the campsite when the sun goes down.
9. A great multi-tool to tackle whatever the wilderness throws your way.
10. Extra batteries for flashlights, cameras, and emergencies. Half of Canadian campers agree that most of the important things they need when camping require batteries.
To keep your family powered for the entire trip, a reliable resource for lanterns, flashlights and long-lasting batteries is Energizer.ca. – NewsCanada