20 children taken ill after swallowing deworming pills

Views: 38

Khatima (Uttarakhand), Feb. 10 (ANI): At least 20 schoolchildren were taken ill and admitted to a community health centre after they were allegedly administered deworming medicine on National Deworming Day here in Udham Singh Nagar district on Wednesday.

The condition of children started deteriorating reportedly after they were administered doses of Albendazole tablets at Government Girls Inter College. They were admitted at a community health centre.

Chief Medical Officer of the Community Health Centre told ANI that deworming medicine was administered to girl students of the college, but when their condition started deteriorating. A medical team was sent there, and after preliminary check-up they were admitted to the hospital, he said.

He added that they are stable now. (ANI)

ALSO READ:   Two militants killed, CRPF trooper injured in Kashmir gunfight
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *