WordPress database error: [Table './canin502_db/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (396933) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
The Ontario government and the Government of Canada are investing over $1.6 million in the projects of 20 craft breweries across Ontario to help them expand operations and to continue to grow the province’s craft beer industry. The announcement was made on Tuesday to kick off Craft Beer Week .
These projects include a range of business development activities, from major capital investments to human resource development to marketing strategy and are helping to increase the productivity, capacity and competitiveness of Ontario’s craft breweries.
Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, said: “Ontario’s craft beer industry is a great success story for this province. Craft brewers continue to build on new market opportunities in the production and sale of a range of premium quality beers. As Ontarians enjoy the activities of this year’s Craft Beer week, we are very excited to announce our support for Ontario’s brewers by making key investments in the development of their businesses.”
Ontario Craft Beer week runs from June 10-19, when hundreds of Ontario’s world-class craft beers are being featured at grassroots events throughout the province. This week offers the people of Ontario a chance to celebrate this growing industry and expose them to the premium quality and culture of the province’s many craft beers.
This funding is delivered jointly by the federal and provincial governments through Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative that supports programs aimed at improving innovation, competitiveness, market development, adaptability and industry sustainability in Canada’s agri-food and agri-products sectors.
These investments help achieve the federal government’s goal to support the agricultural and agri-food sector in a way that allows it to be a leader in job creation and innovation.
- Craft beer is a rapidly expanding industry in Ontario, employing more than 1,500 people in direct brewery jobs, and generating more than $69 million in sales last year at the LCBO.
- New opportunities for the sale of beer are being created in groceries stores across Ontario.
- Currently, there are approximately 140 craft breweries currently operating across Ontario, approximately 70 of which sell product via the LCBO network.
- This sector has seen significant year-over-year increases in revenues – up nearly 35 per cent annually in 2015-2016.
- Since 2013, the governments of Canada and Ontario have committed more than $38 million to more than 750 projects for food, beverage and processor businesses through Growing Forward 2 cost-shared funding assistance. – CINEWS