Your bedroom is your oasis — a place to relax, recharge and retreat from the world. It’s also where you probably spend the most time between sleeping, getting dressed and lounging in bed with a great book or show. And with the cooler months coming up, you’re bound to spend even more time inside, so create the bedroom sanctuary you’ve always wanted with these five tips.
1. Choose colour wisely. Hot pink may be your favourite colour, but do you really want it all over the walls? Colour is a powerful influencer and can really affect the mood and tone of your bedroom, so go for hues that evoke a look and feel you’ll want to experience every day. If you want something more airy and serene, opt for neutrals. If you want a brighter, bolder aesthetic, consider using that hot pink as an accent colour in a lamp shade or vase.
2. Do-it-yourself. There’s nothing like homemade personal touches to make the space feel truly your own. Pick out a fabric you love and make a beautiful case for a decorative pillow. Customize a wooden picture frame with a fun paint colour or textured stain. Repurpose an antique family heirloom or garage sale find. Whether you’re a DIY pro or can’t sew on a button to save your life, there’s a project you can master.
3. Spotlight your passion. Animals, photography, fashion, movies — whatever you love, you’ll love your room that much more if it’s included. Incorporating a few subtle touches is the key to keeping things fresh and stylish rather than gimmicky and overbearing. Use monochromatic images or frame prints in classic colours like white or black.
4. Deck out your window. You’ve heard that a good mattress is the best investment you’ll ever make, but a quality window treatment is just as important. Never get out of bed again to set the right lighting with PowerView Motorization, available on a wide array of Hunter Douglas window treatments. This innovative, energy-efficient solution lets you control and schedule your window treatments to adjust automatically, creating the perfect bedroom ambiance day or night.
5. Finish off with soothing touches. Complete your sanctuary with comforting accessories that appeal to your senses, like scented candles, cozy blankets and a plush duvet.
Find more décor inspiration and a local retailer online at hunterdouglas.ca.