Facial hair — with today’s style landscape of beards, scruff and guys who nail that five-o-clock shadow all day long — the reality is there’s no escaping it. And why would you want to, when the fuzzy stuff is so popular and lets you create a unique look that is totally you? If you’re a dude, you already know there are a million and one ways to curate and maintain the perfect beard or ‘stache, but you may not know everything about scruff and how it affects you at work, play and in love. At the height of beard madness, read on for five truths about facial hair you may not have thought about.
1. Beard envy is real. A sharp blazer and a nice pair of boat shoes aren’t the only things that cause men to stop and stare. A flawlessly clipped beard without a patch in sight and precision-trimmed edges — now that’s worth a double take.
2. The grooming Goldilocks paradox. How long is too long? Or too short? The answer is as unique as the person asking it. Men have plenty of grooming resources at their disposal so all it takes is a little time and effort to experiment and find the look that’s just right. The tools men use also vary depending on their personal style, type of hair and desired outcome. A facial hair toolkit is definitely not one size fits all.
3. Show her that you care. Depending on the lady, your stubble may be the way to her heart. But remember that there is still a time and a place for proper grooming. Don’t be afraid of a good trim or edge around the beard — staying on top of your hair growth doesn’t make it any less manly.
4. Facial hair is an important accessory. It’s great for a girl’s playful fingers, sends a strong message at work, speaks to your identity and can be an essential part of an aesthetic reinvention. Regardless of your age or life stage, facial hair is now embraced by the modern man along with the flexibility to be his true self.
5. These are not your grandfather’s beards. Different tools for different looks? A thing of the past. Now you don’t need a razor to clean, a trimmer to tame and a cream to soften, with new multi-tools that do it all like the new Philips OneBlade. Its revolutionary technology gives men the ultimate ability to customize their facial hair and is one way to keep your grooming routine simple, flawless and modern. So whether you trim, shave, or edge — the world is your oyster. – NC