New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) From coin pendants to diamond studded nose pins and navratna bangles, modern day jewellery pieces bring about a much necessary contemporary twist to traditional ones; making them more usable by new age women. One can opt for coin pendants and can even go for contemporary religious pendants to make a style statement, says an expert.
Here is some traditional jewellery with a contemporary style by the stylists from BlueStone, an online jewellery store.
* Coin pendants: Modern variants of coin necklaces include pendants and earrings that serve as statement pieces. They feature diamonds and coloured gemstones in addition to plain gold. If you dislike chunky or heavy pieces, and yet prefer something traditional, coin jewellery is your best bet. Pair it with a traditional saree to exude an elegant charm.
* Navratna bangles: Navratna, or the nine precious gems, have been an integral component of traditional jewellery. This ethnic range of gemstone jewellery crafted in yellow gold, is inspired from the Sanskrit word meaning ‘nine gems’. The stones follow a precise arrangement with ruby always in the centre, surrounded by (clockwise from top) a diamond, pearl, coral, hessonite, blue sapphire, cats eye, yellow sapphire and an emerald. Contemporary styling to this range of jewellery results in pieces such as this navratna bangle. One could accessorize a silk kurti or printed casual dress with these bangles.
* Sui dhaga earrings: Contemporary counter parts of sui dhagas are sleeker and use diamonds and coloured gemstones extensively. These statement pieces let you discard all other pieces of jewellery without a second thought. Team them with embellished Anarkalis or evening gowns and dazzle the crowd.
* Nose pins: Nose pins, which were once attached to religious beliefs today are a favourite among all. Modern variants include simple and floral stud nose pins in diamonds and coloured gemstones that function as the perfect accompaniment to a chic look. Be it with your little black dress or a kurti, these tiny pieces of jewellery let you create flattering style statements with ease.
* Religious pendants: Far from traditional religious symbols, modern day variants of these pendants feature minimalistic designs and stylized interpretations. From ruby studded Ganeshas to diamond studded rose gold crosses, these pendants let you flaunt your religious beliefs in style.