New Delhi, Jan. 24 (ANI): With preparations on for Amit Shah’s second term as the BJP president at the party headquarters here, here is what the BJP leaders had to say:-
• Ananth Kumar – This is second term for Amit Bhai Shah. We all congratulate him. He has led us with enthusiasm and energy. He has made the BJP as the number one party in the entire world. And under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra bhai Modi to carry on and to communicate the good governance and achievements of the NDA government. The energy and enthusiasm of Amit Shah is required.
• Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi -We have once again proposed his name for the BJP president. We are confident that the party will move ahead with vigour and enthusiasm and achieve victory in all spheres.
• Ravi Shankar Prasad – We all are very happy that Amit Shah ji is going to be nominated to become party president again. Under his extraordinary leadership, the BJP which has become biggest party of the world, will scale new heights.
• Anandiben Patel – Today, we have gathered here to make Gujarat’s young Amit Shah ji the president. Amit Bhai Shah started off of a normal worker of the party. He also kept working in the ABVP. And after working slowly and steadily, he has become the national party president. I have come to extend my support to him from Gujarat. One has to face a lot of problems as a party president. I am proud that both the party president and the Prime Minsiter Narendra bhai Modi ji are from Gujarat.
• Laxmikant Parsekar – We have come to Delhi to witness the nomination of Amit Shah ji as party president for the second time. Mr. Amit ji has rose from a simple worker to the highest position in the organisation. He has worked as the Yuva Morcha leader and during the last term of past three years he had been heading the party organisation. During his term, he has taken the party to great heights. And I am proud to make a mention here that he has been unanimously re-elected for the same position once again for the next term of three years. I wish him best luck and I hope that during his second term, the party will further broaden its base across the country.
• Piyush Goyal – I got the luck to work along with Amit Shah. I have watched his work especially his miraculous work in Uttar Pradesh. His leadership of the party is very inspirational for all of us. He had done the extraordinary work of maintaining the balance among the party workers throughout the country. I am very confident that the party will continue to grow under his leadership.
• Jitendra Singh – I think during the last few years that Amit Bhai Shah has become the president of the BJP, these have been some of the best times for the organisation. It was the time when party grew at such a fast pace that it became the largest party of the world. The organisation also witnessed its visibility in those states and in those areas where it could never have been imagined like Jammu and Kashmir and north east. This has been possible because of the focused approach and the hard work put in by the leadership of Amit Shah, in combination of the charisma of Narendra Modi. (ANI)