Ralegan Siddhi, Sept. 12 (ANI): Veteran social Activist Anna Hazare on Saturday cancelled his proposed hunger strike scheduled on October 2 for the speedy implementation of One Rank, One Pension (OROP) scheme and Land Acquisition Bill, saying the government has fulfilled both the demands.
“Since the government declared that they won’t be bringing an ordinance on the Land Acquisition Bill and it has also accepted the OROP, so I won’t be launching the proposed hunger strike on October 2,” Hazare told reporters here.
“I will be writing a letter to the government that I have called off the proposed hunger strike in Delhi,” he added.
Hazare had earlier said that he would launch an indefinite fast on October 2 in Delhi over the controversial Land Acquisition Bill and press for speedy implementation of the OROP for defence personnel. (ANI)