Melbourne, Sept.28 (ANI): Cricket Australia has said that it will wait for security briefing before heading out for the tour of Bangladesh.
Confirming the news, Australia’s team performance manager Pat Howard said that the flights had been booked for the team to depart late Tuesday night, but added that they would proceed only after ensuring player safety, Sport24 reported.
Cricket Australia Chief Executive Sean Carroll had already met Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan ,vice-president Mahbubul Anam and chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury.
Carroll alongwith two other officials would now meet Bangladesh’s home minister to discuss the matter.
According to the original schedule, Australia are scheduled to play a three-day warm up game in Fatullah from October 3 before facing the hosts in two Tests in Chittagong and Mirpur. (ANI)