New Delhi, Oct 2 (IANS) Autumn is a tricky time for fashionistas as they ready to face the cold winter months without completely letting go of their summer style. Try Nehru jackets as a dependable transitional piece, and opt for clean checks, says an expert.
Angad Singh Malhotra, owner and designer, Mr. Fox, a bespoke luxury label, has shared tips that can help you ace the autumn style:
* Checkmate: Opt for a finer, cleaner version of the classic textile. You can go for oversized checks in the form of checkered trousers, shirts or even coats. Pair with neutral separates to avoid going over-the-top.
* Olive green separates: Touted as a hot favourite for autumn, incorporate as many olive green separates in your autumn wardrobe to cash in on the utilitarian trend that’s set to take centrestage this season.
* Burgundy: Indulge in this royal hue, and pick up trousers, coats and waistcoats in plush burgundy. Offset the richness of burgundy with separates in tan, beige and grey.
* Wider leg space: The seventies are making a comeback in the form of roomier leg space. Steer away from skinny trousers and opt instead for wider legged pants.
* Nehru jackets: The perfect staple for the festive season, this classic will also prove to be a dependable transitional piece. Pair with deftly tailored separates for maximum impact.