Peshawar, Jan. 20 (ANI): Following are the top developments in the terrorist attack today on the Bacha Khan University, located in Charsadda, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Charsadda is a district in Pakistan’s northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and has been a scene of several militant attacks during the past decade.
1. 3000 students enrolled in the university
2. According to Geo TV, one chemistry professor killed after being shot in head
3. Evacuation of campus currently on
4. Terrorists entered form the back-gate as the security at the front-gate was high
5. Two guards were injured at the gate
6. Extensive firing continues in the area and heavy contingents of elite force have been deployed, including aerial support given by Army choppers
7. Pashtun independence activist Bacha Khan Baba died on January 20, 1988. It is his death anniversary today
8. Helicopters called in to assist the operation
9. Panic stricken parents have gathered outside the University
10. Five persons, who suffered minor injuries, have been shifted to District Headquarters Hospital, Charsadda, for treatment
11. Army contingents have also arrived at the scene and firing is continuing
12. According to the Dawn, a rescued student claims that 60 to 70 students had been shot in the head by the attackers. The student added that the attack is reminiscent of the Army Public School Peshawar attack in December 16, 2014.
13. More than 50 injured, security forces say. Injured being taken to hospital, Geo Tv reports.
14. Nine injured at the hospital
15. Operation on inside and outside campus
16. No proper roads around university, only farms
17. At the time of attack, an event regarding death anniversary of Pashtun politician Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, known as Bacha Khan, was being attended by a large number of students inside the university
18. Media persons are not being allowed inside
19. Armed assailants scaled the university walls and opened fire
20. Multiple blasts were heard along with heavy gunfire (ANI)