Barcelona, April 6 (IANS) Barcelona’s German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has denied he has already agreed to join Manchester City, while saying he will talk more about his future by the end of the current football season.
Although he remains under contract at Barcelona until 2019, the Germany international has always been regularly linked with English Premier League clubs including Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool, reports Efe.
Speaking to Al Primer Toque radio show following Tuesday’s 2-1 Champions League quarter-final first leg victory over Atletico Madrid, Ter Stegen said: “It’s not true that I have signed for Manchester City. At the end of the season we will see what the situation is and we can talk again then, OK? We have so many games at the moment and that is all I can say for now.
“For me the most important thing is to play well and that we win all our games. Barcelona is an incredible team. I cannot say any more. We will see how it all turns out,” the 23-year-old added.
Previously before playing in the Champions League round-of-16 second leg against Arsenal, Ter Stegen said he was not happy to be taking part in so few games, although he accepted Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has the right to decide what is best for the team.