Thousands of soccer fans gathered to watch Portugal and France face off in the final Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Championship game.in Brampton’s downtown Garden Square on Sunday, July 10.
“The crowd and energy in our Garden Square on Sunday during the Euro Cup final game is indicative of the atmosphere and vision we plan to replicate year-round,” said Mayor Linda Jeffrey. “Stay tuned for exciting events and opportunities to enjoy with your family, to experience our great city and downtown.”
Located in downtown Brampton at the corner of Queen and Main Streets, this public gathering place hosts a variety of programming, events and free entertainment for all ages.
Summer in the Square Highlights
• Movie Nights: “Throwback Thursdays” and “Saturday Movies Under the Stars” feature family favourites to timeless classics.
• Farmers’ Market and Artists’ Marketplace – Saturdays, 7am – 1 pm
• CBC’s coverage of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – August 5-21
• Lunchtime Live: have lunch outside and groove to local DJ beats – Fridays, noon – 1pm
• Youth Vibe Nights: music, dancing and activities – Wednesdays, 6-8 pm
• Fitness Classes: try Nia, Yoga or Zumba outdoors – Tuesdays, 10 am and 6 pm
There’s always something going on downtown! – CINEWS