Premium shopping destination, Square One announced local merchants and eateries for its best-in-class food concept The Food District, opening within the West Expansion development on April 1, 2019. The grand opening celebration was April 4 with the first 100 guests receiving a signature Chopping Bag 2-n-1 apron/bag with a mystery gift card valued up to $500.
The innovative space is an authentic experience for foodie tourists and locals alike and will feature local, handmade, and high-quality foods such as mouth-watering sultry pies from The Pie Commission, authentic Italian pasta from Dal Moro’s Pasta, and gourmet chips from Craft Chippery.
The Food District will span over 40,000 sq. ft. and provide guests a space to meet, explore, and share the love of food through take-home specialty items. The heart, The District Kitchen, will be an interactive demonstration space housing cooking classes, dinner parties, corporate and other special events.
“Square One has been a key part of the Mississauga community for over 45 years and the Centre has grown with the city; continuously evolving to provide an innovative destination to explore fashion, food, lifestyle and entertainment,” says Square One director and general manager Greg Taylor. “We are thrilled to continue to invest in the area and the prosperity of its residents, while also creating over 250 job opportunities with this addition. The Food District will house gourmet artisans in a space where guests can enjoy and share their food experiences.”
Square One welcomes the following merchants to The Food District:
• Arvinda’s – Purveyors of easy-to-use, pre-packaged Indian spice blends
• Bake Three Fifty – Build-your-own cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches and milkshakes
• Blackjack BBQ – Best known for its Sweet Whisky Pork Ribs and Dinosaur Beef Ribs
• Blossom Moments – Gorgeous bouquets, with arrangements for any occasion
• BRØD – Delicious and authentic Danish pastry house
• Craft Chippery – Where fresh, gourmet chips are made right in front of your eyes
• Chocollata Gourmet – Specializing in Brazilian brigadeiros
• Dal Moro’s Pasta – Authentic pasta, made from scratch
• Hale Coffee – Toronto-based specialty coffee roaster
• Kingston Olive Oil Co. – Quality cooking oils, such as roasted almond and black truffle
• La Carnita – Finest, to-go Mexican food
• Ma’s Best Quality Soup – Diverse variety of premium quality soups made with all- natural ingredients
• MidiCi – Authentic Neapolitan pizza maker
• Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill – Providing top quality, sustainable seafood
• Plancha – Original, open-flamed Spanish cooking
• Seed to Sausage – Charcuterie plate master, providing locally made, artisanal cured meats
• Sugar King Factory – Destination for candy, chocolate and anything sweet
• Sweet Jesus – Delicious ice cream shop with experiential flavour options
• Tao Tea Leaf – Providing over 180 varieties of tea
• The Box Donut – The finest and most decadent donuts
• The Macaroon Boutique – Picture-perfect French desserts
• The Pie Commission – Sultry, mouth-watering pies such as Beef’n Beer and Butter Chicken
• The Wine Shop and Tasting Room – The best wines from the Niagara region, with offerings from Trius Winery, Wayne Gretzky Estates and more
• Village Juicery – The go-to, cold-pressed juice destination
This impressive new expansion will create over 250 full-time and part-time positions within the community. The Food District is seeking individuals who are passionate about sharing their love of food, delighting customers, and being a part of Ontario’s leading food destination.
For all the latest Square One and The Food District happenings, visit shopSQUAREONE.com, follow @shopSQUAREONE on Twitter and Instagram, like facebook.com/SQUAREONE, follow The Food District on @shopFOODDISTRICT.