Bianchi’s father ‘less optimistic’ over son’s recovery post F1 crash coma

London, July 13 (ANI): Formula one driver Jules Bianchi’s father has admitted that he is now ‘less optimistic’ that his son will make a recovery from the life-threatening head injuries sustained during the Japanese Grand Prix crash last year.

The Marussia driver suffered severe head injuries when he crashed into a recovery vehicle in wet conditions at Suzuka on 5 October, and remains in a coma since the accident.

Philippe Bianchi said that generally progress needs to be made in the first six months, adding that it has been nine months now and Jules has still not woken up.

The injured driver’s father further said that as time goes by, he is less optimistic than he might have been two or three months after the accident when they could have hoped for better progress, the BBC reported.

Jules Bianchi joined forces with Marussia in 2013 and had raced in 34 grands prix, with scoring two championship points in the Monaco Grand Prix last year.

The Formula One racer is currently receiving treatment for his severe injuries in hospital in his home city of Nice, France. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply