As Thanksgiving approaches, the Brampton Farmers’ Markets gear up for their seasons to come to an end. This week is the last chance in 2016 for residents and visitors to enjoy the autumn weather and fun market activities, as well as pick up the fresh ingredients required for an unforgettable Thanksgiving meal.
Each market has fun, family friendly activities planned for their final day:
Thursday, October 6 ∙ 4 – 8 pm
Located in the Village Square at 100 Commuter Drive, the Mount Pleasant Village Farmers’ Market ends its second season. Come out and join in on the festive fun.
• Begins at 4 pm (while quantities last)
• 200 FREE pumpkins and decorations are available for onsite decorating for the first 200 children to arrive.
Saturday, October 8 ∙ 7 am – 1 pm
Activities for the final day of the Downtown Brampton Farmers’ Market 30th season will include:
The Annual Downtown Brampton BIA Pumpkin Decorating
• Begins at 8 am (while quantities last)
• Garden Square at the corner of Main and Queen Streets
• 300 FREE pumpkins and decorations are available for onsite decorating for the first 300 children to arrive.
Cooking at the Market
• 11 am –12 pm
• Garden Square
• Free cooking demos by professional celebrity Chef Jason Rosso of Brampton’s own J Red & Co. He is joined by Sous Chefs from the Youth Brampton Entrepreneur Centre.
Take the Year-Round Indoor Market survey
The City is reviewing the feasibility of a year-round indoor market for Brampton and is looking for residents’ feedback. Have your say by taking the online survey here.