Brussels attack: No Indian causality so far, says Swaraj

New Delhi, Mar. 22 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday confirmed there are no reports of any Indian causality in the twin bomb attack at the Brussels airport.

Swaraj said that the Indian Embassy in Brussels will provide all necessary assistance to the Indians stuck in Belgium, adding that she has spoken to Ambassador Manjit Puri in this regard.

“I am in touch with Mr Manjeev Puri Indian Ambassador in Brussels. He has informed me that so far there is no report of any Indian casualty,” Swaraj tweeted.

“However, an Indian lady crew member of Jet Airways is injured. She has been rushed to the hospital. Please do not worry. Indian Embassy in Brussels will provide all assistance,” she further said in series of tweets.

Meanwhile, the government has issued high alert at all airports and metro stations of the country.

At least 13 people have lost their lives while 35 others seriously injured following the suspected terrorist attack at the Brussels airport.

Two explosions reportedly shook the building shortly after 8 a.m. local time, leaving the passengers terrified.

The incident took place four days after the arrest of Paris attack mastermind Salah Abdeslam from the Belgian capital.

British Prime Minister David Cameron has also expressed his shock and concern over the incident. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply