Los Angeles, Aug 1 (IANS) Despite facing sexual abuse allegations, Leslie Moonves will remain as CBS CEO till the matter is investigated properly by an outside counsel.
“Its Board of Directors is in the process of selecting outside counsel to conduct an independent investigation.
“No other action was taken on this matter at today’s board meeting. Additionally, the Board determined to postpone CBS Corporation’s 2018 annual meeting of stockholders that was previously scheduled to be held on August 10, 2018,” the company said in a statement, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
The media conglomerate met following sexual misconduct claims made by six women in Ronan Farrow’s exposé in The New Yorker, which was published on July 27.
In a statement, Moonves said: “I recognize that there were times decades ago when I may have made some women uncomfortable by making advances. Those were mistakes and I regret them immensely. But I always understood and respected — and abided by the principle — that ‘no’ means ‘no’, and I have never misused my position to harm or hinder anyone’s career.”
On July 27, the CBS board of directors said that it would take the claims “seriously” and investigate the allegations of misconduct against Moonves.