New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) During the rains, sweat and oil deposits make the skin really dull so adjust your skin routine according to the season. Cleansing is really important during the rainy season as it helps in preventing bacterial growth and removes impurities and exfoliating helps in removing dead skin and unclogs pores, says an expert.
Mansi Mahajan, skin expert and owner at Manaste, an organic skincare product company, shared tips to maintain skin during the rainy season.
* Cleansing: Cleansing is really important in the monsoon season as it helps in preventing bacterial growth and removes impurities. Using a mild cleanser with salicylic acid helps in curbing the growth of bacteria and maintaining the skin pimple free.
* Face Packs: Use of organic and natural ingredients like besan and multani mitti as face packs helps in absorbing excess sebum and rejuvenates the skin. One can add a pinch of turmeric powder only if your skin is not allergic to turmeric. Turmeric powder helps in reducing oil secretion by sebaceous glands.
* Exfoliation: Exfoliation removes dead skin and unclogs pores. It also helps in growth of new skin cells giving a youthful skin.
* Moisturising: Use of a moisturiser increases the hydration level of the outer layer of the skin, giving a soft and moist look. Specially during the humid phase in the monsoon apply a light moisturiser as it will keep the skin hydrated without stickiness. One can apply glycerine and rose water mixture before going to bed to keep skin soft and moisturized.
* Use of warm water: Instead of cold water during monsoon, shift to warm water, as it dissolves skin oil and other impurities leaving the skin healthy and bright. During monsoon the body loses fluids through sweat, so drink plenty of water, nimbu pani (lemon water), coconut water and stay away from soda based drinks.
* No use of oils: in monsoon one should avoid using oils like castor oil or coconut oil as they can clog the pores. But one can use non-moisturising essential oils such as tea tree oil as it helps in absorbing sebum and prevents acne and pimple growth.