A 2012 Conference Board of Canada report estimated that mental health costs Canada $20 billion annually due to lost workforce participation, absenteeism and related issues. How can employers improve the wel lbeing of their employees?
The Conference Board’s Workplace Wellness and Mental Health 2016 conference will bring together thought leaders and innovators to discuss successful mental health initiatives aimed at reducing absenteeism and improving employee engagement and performance.
This year’s event will also feature the Conference Board’s Healthy Brains at Work: Employer-Sponsored Mental Health Benefits and Programs report, which looks at the prevalence of employer-sponsored benefits and programs that address mental health conditions in Canada.
When: June 13–14, 2016
Where: InterContinental Toronto Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- Louis Thériault, Vice-President, Public Policy, The Conference Board of Canada
- Dr. Bill Howatt, Chief Research and Development Officer, Workforce Productivity, Morneau Shepell Ltd.
- Dr. Marie-Hélène Pelletier, Assistant Vice-President, Workplace Mental Health, Sun Life Financial
- Lizann Reitmeier, Health Practice Leader, Xerox Canada Ltd.
- Dr. Ashley Spetch, Director, Organizational Wellness, Homewood Health Centre Inc.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times visit:http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/workwellness/agenda.aspx
The Conference Board of Canada’s Workplace Wellness and Mental Health 2016 conference has been made possible because of generous donations by: HomeWood Health, Morneau Shepell, Sun Life Financial and Xerox. – CNW