New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) The CBI on Wednesday denied seizing any material irrelevant to the probe against the Delhi chief minister’s principal secretary Rajendra Kumar during a raid at the Delhi secretariat.
A Central Bureau of Investigation spokesperson said it had already clarified that the Delhi chief minister’s office was neither searched nor sealed during Tuesday’s raid.
“The CBI categorically denies having seized any material during searches that are not relevant to its investigation. The information is being spread by certain quarters since yesterday (Tuesday) to discredit the agency and with an intent to obstruct the probe,” CBI spokesperson Devpreet Singh told reporters here.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said the CBI had seized documents that had “no relation” to the allegations being probed against Rajendra Kumar.
The CBI spokesperson said the searches at 14 places (in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh), including the Delhi secretariat here, were conducted in the presence of independent witnesses as per the law.
“The investigation memo containing names of all seized items will be produced before the competent court. The CBI neither prevented nor disallowed any person in their movement to various offices in the Delhi secretariat, including the CM’s office, except the office and chamber of Rajendra Kumar and that of his PA,” Singh said.
“The entire operation was conducted by the CBI on their own and after receiving complaints followed by independent verification. The CBI reiterates that the searches and raids on December 15 were in conformity with the due process of law and that legal procedures were followed meticulously,” Singh said.