New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) The Delhi government’s ambitious dedicated bus lane proposal may get delayed as Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung wants to have a look at the notification and has called for the files related to the plan, a government source said on Monday.
Under the dedicated bus lane proposal, motorists who obstruct movement of the buses on the dedicated corridor will be fined Rs 2,000.
“The Lt. Governor had given approval to the dedicated bus lane proposal but a few days back he recalled the relevant files, saying he wants to go through the government notification for the project,” a Delhi government source told IANS.
“Calling the files back after approving the proposal may delay it,” the source said.
Earlier this year, before approving the proposal, Jung had sought a clarification from the Delhi government.
The government in June sent back the plan to the L-G for his approval.