Mumbai, Feb. 9 (ANI): The second day of the deposition of David Coleman Headley via video conferencing from an undisclosed location in the United
States began at a special Mumbai court on Tuesday.
Here is what we know so far:
27. He knows Al-Qaeda. He also defines Al-Qaeda as a ‘terrorist organisation’.
26. In October 2003, he met Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Maulana Masood Mazhar hundred miles away from South Lahore. In 2003, there was a gathering of LeT where founder of the organisation, Maulana Masood Azhar was the guest speaker. Azhar made a speech about his activities in India and about his release.
25. I met Zakiur Rehman LakhvI for the 1st time in 2003 in Muzaffarabad (PoK) at headquarters of LeT
24. He identified the photograph of the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai attack, Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and admitted that Lakhvi was operational commander of LeT.
23. David Headley admits that LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammed, and Hizb-ul-Mujahideen are working under United Jihad council. He admitted before the Mumbai Court that all these are terrorist organizations in Pakistan working against India
22. In this meeting, they (LeT) were having info about some meeting of Indian defence scientist in the conference hall of Taj Mahal Palace hotel and they wanted to attack it.
21. In 2007, LeT decided to conduct terror attack in Mumbai
20. Major Iqbal asked me to gather intelligence on India
19. LeT decided to attack
18. Retd. Major Pasha joined Al qaeda
17. Former ISI chief was part of LeT
16. In this meeting,they assigned me the task of conducting recce of Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai
15. In Nov-Dec 2007, a meeting took place in Muzaffarabad (Pakistan) which was attended by Sajid Mir, Abu Khafa and me-David Headley
14. He advised Hafiz Saeed, Lakhvi to ‘legally challenge’ US ban on Lashkar
13. He was asked to recruit Indian Army men to spy for ISI
12. All details except place of birth, date of birth, mother’s nationality and passport number were incorrect in my visa application.
11. After 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks I visited India on 7th March 2009 from Lahore to Delhi
10. My seven visits to India were directly from Pakistan and one from UAE
9. After receiving new passport I visited India eight times, out of eight times I visited Mumbai seven times
8. Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to take general video of Mumbai city
7. Sajid Mir (LeT) specified object of his intention before my first visit to India
6. I changed my name so that I could enter India. I wanted to enter India with an American name
5. After I changed my name, within few weeks I visited Pakistan
4. Sajid Mir wanted me to setup some business or office in India
3. After I changed my name, I disclosed this information to my colleague Sajid Mir of LeT
2. Sajid Mir of Lashkar-e-Taiba was my main contact
1. I was a true follower of Lashkar-e-Taiba
This is a developing story and will be updated as information pours in. (ANI)