Bhubaneswar, April 16 (IANS) The Odisha government on Saturday asked the concerned departments to complete the probe into irregular allotment of plots and houses under the discretionary quota within two-three months.
After reviewing the implementation process of the recommendations of the task force committee on discretionary quota allotments, chief secretary Aditya Parsad Padhi directed the departments to complete the investigation within two-three months.
“Though there has been sufficient progress in the investigation by the departments, there are other aspects of the probe which need to be completed. Taking this into consideration, instructions have been given to these departments to complete the remaining part of the investigation within 2-3 months,” Padhi told mediapersons here.
General Administration secretary G.V.V. Sharma said the department had issued the modalities for implementation of the recommendations of the task force committee on May 6, 2015.
Accordingly, respective departments and agencies like Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Cuttack Development Authority (CDA), Odisha State Housing Board, vigilance and finance have started implementing the recommendations as approved by the government, he added.
Available data shows that BDA has cancelled 11 allotments and issued 732 show cause notices against which 653 replies have been received.
Similarly, vigilance department has taken up examination of fraudulent practices and criminal intentions in the transactions and have registered 24 cases out of which 8 belong to Odisha State Housing Board (OSHB), 7 belong to CDA area and 9 belong to BDA area.
CDA has also issued 1,091 show cause notices against which 914 replies have been received, said a release.
So far, the enquiry committee has recommended 8 cases in CDA area for cancellation.
OSHB has issued 90 show cause notices. The received replies are being examined as per the provisions of the various schemes and legal stipulations, it added.
Apart from this, the finance department is also preparing a data base of the left out cases from January 1, 1995 onwards.
The chief secretary advised the investigating authorities to give adequate chance of hearing to the allottees as per the principles of natural justice.