Divyansh’s father says ‘not satisfied with police probe’

New Delhi, Feb. 9 (ANI): Divyansh Kakrora’s father on Tuesday expressed dissatisfaction with the investigation into his son’s death by the Delhi Police, saying that the matter should not be looked at only as negligence, as it was a ‘murder case’.

“I have full faith that the court will deliver justice. I am not satisfied with the investigation carried out by the Delhi Police so far. The police should catch the culprits. It should be sorted out as to who took my son there and killed him. The case should not be looked only as negligence, this is a murder case,” Divyansh’s father told ANI.

Advocate Kamlesh Kumar Mishra said that as the Delhi Police has failed to file a status report, the Delhi High Court has asked it to file the report immediately.

“The court observed that the matter should be taken seriously and this type of incident should not take place in the future. The Delhi Government’s report on the Ryan school matter said that it is fully the responsibility of the school. It also said that it is a matter of negligence and someone was involved in his death,” Mishra told ANI.

Earlier today, the High Court asked Police Commissioner B.S. Bassi to submit detailed status report of the investigation and post-mortem report before February 25 on the death of students in Ryan International and SDMC-run school in Kapashera.

The SDMC and AAP Government had today filed their report before the Delhi High Court in this regard.

Describing the death of two children after falling in tanks in their respective schools as ‘unfortunate’, the Delhi High Court had sought response of the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP Government, the SDMC and the school authorities.

The High Court had also asked the Delhi Government’s education department, the Police Commissioner and both schools under scrutiny to file their status report and the action which have proposed in view of the untoward incidents.

The High Court also issued notice to all the respective authorities, directing them to explain the steps they will be taking to ensure that no such incident takes place in the future and sought their replies before February 9.

Bassi had yesterday said that they have received the post-mortem report of the death of six-year-old Divyansh Kakrora in Ryan International School and said that there was no prima facie indication of any sexual assault.

“The post-mortem report has been received (and) that is being studied. Suffice will be to say that it does not prima facie indicate any sexual assault. So, more than this I may not be able to say at this juncture,” Bassi told the media here.

The child’s father earlier alleged that his son may have been sodomised before his death.

The Delhi Police had last week said they would probe all angles and theories concerning the death of the boy, whose body was found in a water tank under the school’s amphitheatre on January 30. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply