London, March 7 (IANS) Serbian star Novak Djokovic maintained his dominance in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings, topping it for the 87th consecutive week, according to a list released on Monday.
Djokovic joins the list of tennis players who have topped the rankings for the most consecutive weeks, as he came fifth after legendary players Swiss Roger Federer (237 weeks), America’s Jimmy Connors (160), Czech Ivan Lendl (157) and America’s Pete Sampras (102), reports Efe.
The Serbian has been leading the rankings since July 7, 2014.
This week’s rankings did not witness any changes, as Scottish Andy Murray came second, followed by Swiss Roger Federer.
The current ATP ranking and point scores are as follows:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 16,540 points
2. Andy Murray (Scotland) 8,685
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 8,295
4. Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland) 6,325
5. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 4,810
6. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 3,980
7. Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) 3,900
8. David Ferrer (Spain) 3,505
9. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) 2,950
10. Richard Gasquet (France) 2,715.