London, Jan. 27 (ANI): U.S. Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has said that he will not participate in a Fox News debate after the network sent out a press release, which according to him was ‘derogatory’.
According to the Guardian, His campaign released a statement saying he will not be participating in the debate and will instead host an event in Iowa to raise money for “the Veterans and Wounded Warriors, who have been treated so horribly by our all talk, no action politicians.”
“Like running for office as an extremely successful person, this takes guts and it is the kind mentality our country needs in order to Make America Great Again,” the statement continued.
Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told the Guardian: “He’s not participating in the Fox News debate.” Lewandowski said that this didn’t mean Trump was avoiding press scrutiny. “Look, he’s the clear frontrunner, he’s been in six debates already, answered more questions from the media than any other candidate on the stage combined.”
The Fox News press release that got Trump upset leading to his withdrawal read: “We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president – a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”
Trump had been evasive about participating in the upcoming debate because of the line of questioning from Fox anchor Megyn Kelly in the first debate. (ANI)