New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) How about a kite flying competition on your mehndi function or a musical housie on your sangeet? Use engaging and offbeat ideas such as these to involve guests at your wedding festivities, says an expert.
Mehak S. Shahani, co-founder, WedMeGood, an online wedding planning company, has shared tips on how to make your wedding more interesting for your guests:
* Kite flying on mehendi: Give ‘Patang Baazi’ (kite flying) a whole new meaning with a fun, kite flying competition between the boys and girls side. The colour of the kite denotes which side you are on and the one with the most amount of kites in the sky wins.
* Musical housie on your sangeet: Ever played tambola? Well take it up a notch with musical tambola. Instead of numbers, your ticket has song names on it and as the singer croons a few lines from each song, you get up, do a little jig and cross it off your ticket if the song exists on it.
* Cocktail-mixing pre-event: Having a destination wedding with your family and friends landing a day earlier? Involve them in the celebrations with a cocktail-mixing session organised by the hotel where your guests can learn how to mix a Bloody Mary, a good Mojito, or a classy Sangria.
* Lantern release: Magical, romantic and one to remember, this is perfect if you have an outdoor event. All your guests are given white paper lanterns and matchboxes. They light the lantern, wait for it to fill up with hot air and then release it into the night sky exactly at the same time. This is usually done at the reception to give the couple good wishes.
* Nail art: Apart from the regular mehendi (henna) and bangles, nail art stations are now super popular at weddings.