Ghaziabad, July 27 (IANS) An engineering student of ABES Engineering College was electrocuted after coming in contact with an electric pole inside the college campus in Ghaziabad, police said on Wednesday.
The police said Harshit Srivastava, 20, a B.Tech IInd year student at ABES Engineering College, was found dead near an electric pole inside the college campus on Wednesday morning.
The students told the police that after having dinner, Harshit went for a walk with his friends inside the campus. While his friends returned after a while, Harshit chose to stay outside for some more time. However, Harshit did not return to the hostel.
In the morning, his fellow students found him lying dead near the electric pole.
Angry students shouted slogans against the college management and stopped traffic on NH-24.
ADM (City) Priti Jaiswal, however, managed to convince the students to evacuate the highway and assured them of a fair probe into the incident.
“A case has been registered and investigation has been initiated into the incident,” said SP City Salman Taj Patil.