WordPress database error: [Table './canin502_db/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (430723) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
Festival and event organizers across the province are being invited to apply for Celebrate Ontario 2017 funding from the Ontario government.
Celebrate Ontario is a grant program that makes it easier for festival and event organizers to offer new and improved experiences that attract more tourists and increase visitor spending. Last year, the program supported 200 festivals and events across the province, boosting local economies.
“I’m excited and proud that our government continues to support a diverse range of festivals and events across Ontario. The 2017 Celebrate Ontario program will invest in cultural events, community celebrations and music festivals across the province, which helps to create jobs and grow our tourism industry. Through the Celebrate Ontario program, we are strengthening this vibrant sector so festival and event organizers can offer unique and enhanced experiences that attract visitors from all over Ontario and the world,” said Eleanor McMahon, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
November 8, 2016 deadline
For 2017, organizers of existing large festivals and events may now apply for multi-year funding. Applicants are also encouraged to add enhancements that celebrate or commemorate Canada’s or Ontario’s 150th anniversary.
The deadline to apply for Celebrate Ontario 2017 is November 8, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Investing in festivals and events across the province is part of the government’s economic plan to build Ontario up and deliver on its number-one priority to grow the economy and create jobs. The four-part plan includes helping more people get and create the jobs of the future by expanding access to high-quality college and university education.
- For 2017, Celebrate Ontario has added rural and northern Ontario festivals and events as target sectors given their importance to those communities.
- Every year, festivals and events support tens of thousands of jobs and generate millions of dollars in revenue.
- From 2009 to 2014, Celebrate Ontario recipients reported an increase of 8.5 million tourists and $1.7 billion in visitor spending due to Celebrate Ontario support.
- Since 2007, Celebrate Ontario has supported more than 1,900 festivals and events across the province.
- According to past recipients, every $1 of Celebrate Ontario funding results in $18 of visitor spending.
- Next year, through the Ontario150 program, the government is also supporting events and programs that showcase Ontario’s diverse communities and encourage Ontarians to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary. Applications for the Ontario150 Community Celebration Program closed September 2, 2016. – CINEWS