As we said earlier, the MSN ban on Pakistani actors in India has come as a blessings in disguise for Fawad Khan.
Ban or not, he was planning to take a break from his busy career in view of the birth of his second child.
Many Bollywood celebrities were irked by the Pakistani artistes for their failure to condemn the Uri attacks.
In a post on his Facebook Fawad Khan explains his sudden departure from India and why he has so far remained silent on the matter.
He has denied the reports that he has spoken ill on India on his return to Pakistan.
Fawad flew back to Lahore few days back, as his wife Sadaf was expecting the couple’s second child. Sadaf gave birth to a baby girl late on Tuesday.
He writes: “I’ve been in Lahore since July as my wife and I had been expecting our second child. I’ve received numerous requests from the media and from well wishers worldwide asking me for my thoughts on the sad incidents that took place in the past few weeks. As a father of two little children, I pray and wish like many others that together we can build and live in a more peaceful world. I believe we owe it to our children who will shape our tomorrow. This is the first time I have spoken on the matter. Please disregard any other words attributed to me during this time because I have not said them. I thank all my fans and fellow artistes from Pakistan, India and people in general all over the world who have shown continued support for their belief in love and understanding to unite a divisive world”.
Well done Fawad!
Your name will go down in Bollywood history as an actor who dared to tread on a taboo path after six Bollywood heroes rejected the controversial role in Kapoor and Sons for fear of ruining their careers.
Ask Ranbir, who has described you as a groundbreaker! – CINEWS