Federer ruled out for a month after undergoing knee surgery

Johannesburg, Feb. 03 (ANI): World number three Roger Federer has been ruled out for a month after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his knee and will thereby miss the upcoming Rotterdam and Dubai ATP tournaments.

“While this is an unfortunate setback, I am encouraged and grateful that my doctor said the procedure was a success. I am looking forward to attacking the rehabilitation process this afternoon with my team and working hard to get back out on tour as soon as possible,” the 34-year-old Swiss maestro said on his Facebook page.

The 17-time Grand Slam champion also announced that he injured his knee a day after losing to eventual champion Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open semi-finals last week, Sport24 reported.

Federer is the reigning champion in Dubai after winning the title for the seventh time last March. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply