Fire breaks out in Parliament Annexe building

New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) A fire broke out on the second floor of Parliament Annexe building here on Sunday afternoon, officials said. No casualty was reported.

“The fire broke out around 1.30 p.m. in the store section in room number 219 situated at the second floor of the Parliament Annexe building. No one was reportedly injured in the incident,” a Delhi Fire Service (DFS) official told IANS.

The official said that 13 fire engines were rushed to the spot that brought the fire under control till 1.50 p.m.

“People working in the building were evacuated immediately after the fire was noticed,” a police official told IANS.

No casualty was reported, the official said.

The blaze, which was reportedly caused by electrical short-circuiting in an air-conditioner, filled the first and second floors of the building with smoke.

When the fire broke out, the Janata Dal-United was holding a meeting in a part of the building.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply