Canberra, Feb 27 (IANS) A huge fire broke out at a chemical warehouse in the Australian city of Perth sparking warning of a mass evacuation in the area.
There were reports of chlorine being involved in the blaze that broke out on Monday evening, Xinhua news agency reported.
More than 100 firefighters fought the 80 metre high flames at the Bunnings Warehouse Hardware facility in Inglewood that also contained LPG gas cylinders, barbecue cylinders, besides chemicals, paint thinners, plastics, fertilisers.
The initial smoke plume was deemed to be toxic. A community warning was sounded throughout the suburbs, a warehouse spokesman said.
The cause of the blaze that is estimated to have caused a loss of $4 million to the property, was not yet known.