Fire in Delhi’s UGC building, important files destroyed

Views: 148

New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) A minor fire broke out on Monday on the second floor of University Grants Commission building here due to a short circuit, a fire officer said, adding some important files and documents in record room were reduced to ashes.

The officer said the fire broke out at 2.16 p.m. on the second floor and six fire tenders were pressed into service at ITO in UGC building.

“The fire broke out due to a short-circuit on the second floor. It was doused at 2.45 p.m. No causality was reported,” the fire officer said, adding some documents and files kept in almirahs of record room were burnt in it.

–IANS

sp/prs

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *