Fire that wiped out Brampton family caused by careless smoking

Views: 72


The tragic end of the Kapadia family in Brampton was a result of careless smoking concluded the Ontario Fire Marshal (OFM) after an investigation.

It was confirmed that the backsplit home didn’t have the two mandated smoke detectors.

Iftekhar Niazi, Jyoti and Amina Kapadia died in the blaze while 9-year-old Zoya was the only survivor.

It will be upto the Brampton Fire and Emergency Services investigators to determine if any charges will be laid under the Ontario Fire Code.

The house was a rental and the landlord did not live in the house. The Kapadia family lived in the upper level, a separate family lived in the legally-registered basement apartment. -CINEWS

ALSO READ:   15-year-old arrested in homicide of 73-year-old Brampton man
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *