The countdown is on! Back-to-school is on the horizon. When prepping for a new school year, it is important for families to take some time to gradually ease back into a school year routine. To ensure a strong start to the academic school year, Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies, an American early childhood education franchise with three decades of experience, is sharing a five-day guide to help parents and kids plan ahead for a smooth transition into the new semester.
- Day 5 – Return your child to his or her regular nighttime routine, making sure he or she gets at least eight to ten hours of sleep. Less sleep is directly correlated to a smaller attention span, reduced focus and less self-control.
- Day 4 – Finding the right back-to-school gear can make a big difference in the level of excitement for returning to school. Parents don’t have to break the bank to find practical and fun items that will help ease the transition for any child.
- Day 3 – To dispel the fear of the unknown, take a “field trip” to school. Remind kids where the cafeteria is, where recess takes place and where he or she will be picked up and dropped off. This will make a child less intimidated and more excited to go back to school.
- Day 2 – Start talking about the fun that comes with their return to school. Acknowledge that the transition may be hard at first, but it will be fun to see old friends and meet new ones.
- Day 1 – Tomorrow is the first day of school! Make sure you prep lunch and snacks the night before. Not only will this save time in the morning, but it will also ensure healthy food is in the lunch box. A balanced diet makes a dramatic impact on kids’ brainpower and behavior. – PRNewswire