Registration is now open for the City of Brampton’s award-winning free bus tours for newcomers to Brampton. The tours will take place on June 6 and 7 from 10 am to approximately 1:30 pm, starting and ending at the Chinguacousy Branch of the Brampton Library. Space is limited and interested participants should register by calling the Brampton Library at 905.793.4636.
These family-friendly tours introduce new residents to City facilities and places of interest, including heritage areas, parks, libraries, community centres and public transit services.
A newcomer can be a new immigrant to Canada who is settling in Brampton, or any new resident who has moved to Brampton since January 1, 2014.
Newcomers will have the opportunity to visit beautiful gardens and learn more about Brampton’s facilities, programs, services, and history.
Highlights of the tour:
• Brampton Transit’s hands-on tutorial on how to use transit maps, PRESTO fare cards and transfers
• Guided tour of a recreation centre and programs offered; how to use the Recreation Guide
• Guided tour of the Chinguacousy Branch of Brampton Library highlighting the no-cost family resources and newcomer services
• Glimpse into the library’s multilingual collections and resources; and get a library card on the spot
• Visit the formal gardens and the barn at Chinguacousy Park
• A sumptuous snack, courtesy of the Mandarin Restaurant; and a visit to their surrounding garden
The award-winning tours are a joint initiative of the City of Brampton, Brampton Library and Brampton Transit. The Newcomers’ Bus Tours, which began in 2010, earned a 2012 Corporate Leadership Award from the Canadian Urban Transit Association. – CINEWS