Madrid, Oct 17 (IANS) Germany’s Angelique Kerber retained the top spot with 8.310 points in the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday.
Serena Williams, who had announced that she has withdrawn from WTA Finals in Singapore to be held from October 23 due to a shoulder injury, is at second place with 7.050 points.
The current WTA rankings and points scored are as follows:
1. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 8.310 points
2. Serena Williams (US) 7.050 points
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 6.050 points
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 5.097 points
5. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 4.440 points
6. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 4.425 points
7. Madison Keys (US) 3.797 points
8. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 3.625 points
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3.540 points
10.Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3.455 points.