New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) Move beyond whitewashing and wall paintings! Give a fresh and a vibrant look to your walls with decals and oversized mirrors, suggests an expert.
Here are some tips by Shankey Bhardwaj, stylist at e-commerce platform Fashionandyou.com, to jazz up blank walls:
* Wallpaper: Getting the right wallpaper for your home is often the only step you need to take to give it the ambience and appeal that you dream of. For a vintage inspiration, just having antique furniture isn’t always enough. Up the style ante of your house with retro prints on the walls.
* Wall decals: Wall decals can add the perfect amount of visual interest to your rooms. Decorative motifs or even funky vinyl wall art will infuse the right pop of colour and freshness to any environ. For the dining room, you can opt for decals that reflect food, beverages or happy cafes. The best part is that most decals are easily removable so you can innovate and redecorate every time you’re bored.
* Art: Invest in a few good paintings. Frame and place them smartly to brighten things up in the most sophisticated of ways. Ornamental and metallic frames work really well for a vintage home. For a more modern aesthetic, go in for minimalist white panelling for your art.
* Photographs: Photographs with friends and family that hark back to the most cherished times of your life are the best accessories for your empty walls. Go in for monochromatic frames and line the photos above and below for a unified effect. Another quirky idea is to buy a soft board for a room with a more casual feel.
* Mirrors: Oversized mirrors don’t just give more panache to your interiors they also make rooms look big. They reflect light and add volume to any room. The best spot to hang a large mirror is right opposite a window. Frames for mirrors also play a large part in elevating the overall impact. Linear frames are ideal for cosmopolitan homes while elaborate frames in colours like gold and silver go really well for more old-fashioned and regal-looking spaces.