Madrid, April 9 (IANS) Romania’s Simona Halep continues to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday.
The 26-year-old was followed by Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza is at the third place, reports Efe.
The rankings remained unchanged this week, as Elina Svitolina of Ukraine came fourth, ahead of fifth-placed Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 8,140 points
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,790
3. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,065
4. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,630
5. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,307
6. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,730
7. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,615
8. Venus Williams (USA) 4,276
9. Sloane Stephens (USA) 3,938
10. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 3,271