NATURAL WITH HINDI SPEECH
TV AND WEB RESTRICTIONS: NO ACCESS ARD
Highway blocked due to landslides in Indian Kashmir
KEY WORDS: Jammu, Srinagar, Highway, Vehicular traffic
Hundreds of vehicles stranded on a highway in Indian Kashmir due to landslides triggered by heavy rainfall.
UDHAMPUR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (SEPTEMBER 23, 2015) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (ANI-NO ACCESS ARD)
1. A MACHINE REMOVING DEBRIS FROM ROAD
2. CLOSE OF THE MACHINE WORKING
3. MACHINE REMOVING DEBRIS OF LANDSLIDES
4. MORE OF MACHINE WORKING ON ROAD
5. OFFICIALS STANDING AND LOOKING AT THE WORK
6. VARIOUS OF MACHINE REMOVING DEBRIS FROM ROAD
7. CLOSE OF OFFICIALS STANDING
8. (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE, TRAFFIC, UDHAMPUR, TILAK RANA, SAYING: “As you can see it is raining heavily which has triggered landslides. We are working and as soon as the road is opened we will ask the cars stuck on the upper reaches to move first.”
9. VARIOUS OF LORRIES STRANDED
STORY: Vehicular traffic came to a standstill as the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was blocked due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in India’s northern Jammu and Kashmir state on Wednesday (September 23).
The state has been receiving heavy rains for the last 24 hours.
Many lorries and other vehicles were stranded on the highway.
Officials of Border Roads Organisation have employed heavy machinery to clear the debris.
Udhampur Deputy Superintendent of Police, traffic, Tilak Rana, said that he was hopeful that the highway would be opened soon.
“As you can see it is raining heavily which has triggered landslides. We are working and as soon as the road is opened we will ask the cars stuck on the upper reaches to move first,” said Rana.
Reportedly, over 300 kilometers of Jammu Srinagar Highway was blocked.