New Delhi, Feb 22 (IANS) If you wish to have straight tresses without damaging your lustrous long hair while avoiding harmful chemicals and heated instruments, there are some ingredients in your kitchen that can help straighten your hair naturally without damaging it.
One can opt for many combinations like lemon juice and coconut milk that act as cream conditioners and help in straightening your hair, or vinegar, which also helps in bringing out the perfect shine, says an expert.
Anjali Chawla, cosmetologist, Anjali’s Herbavedic, a beauty product company, has shared a few home remedies to naturally straighten the mane:
* Lemon juice and coconut milk paste: Lemon juice and coconut milk are best ingredients for straightening your hair naturally. If both are mixed, it will act as a cream conditioner and help in straightening the hair. After mixing, apply the paste and wash your hair with lukewarm water. A clear difference will be noticed if done twice a week.
* Mix of bananas, yogurt, honey and olive oil: Mash two bananas with two tablespoons of honey, yogurt and olive oil. Mix nicely and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes. Apply the paste on your hair and cover it with a towel or a shower cap. After an hour, rinse it with cold water.
* Soyabean oil: Mix one tablespoon of soyabean oil and two tablespoons of castor oil. Heat the mix and then slightly cool it. Once the mixture is cooled, apply the mix on your scalp and hair and massage it for sometime. After that leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off the mix with a mild shampoo.
* Eggs and olive oil: Take two eggs and mix it with olive oil nicely. Massage your scalp with the paste and keep it for about an hour. This will not only straighten your hair but also soften and condition it.
* Vinegar: After rinsing your hair, mix few drops of vinegar with a full mug of water and rinse your strands with the mix. Finally rinse it with clean water. This will not only help in straightening but will also help in shining.