New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) Play it up, add curls or try dry shampoo to get rid of bad hair days.
Beauty expert Manisha Chopra, also the founder of cosmetic brand SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals, shares how:
* At times, if you haven’t washed your hair properly or are not in the mood to get a hair wash done, a dry shampoo can be a saviour. Spray it lightly on the roots. Leave it for a few minutes and then brush your hair. The dry shampoo absorbs the oil and gives you your desired look. If you do not use a dry shampoo, then try out cornstarch or baby powder. They, too, can work wonders on unruly hair.
* You woke up from your deep slumber and realised that your hair has become frizzy. Fret not. The mess can be treated by just tying it up. A ponytail has many variations, try any one of those low or high ponytail styles or go for a chic fish-braid. But ensure that you haven’t tied your ponytail too tight as it can cause hair loss.
* Adding more curls can give volume to your hair. Try adding curls naturally by making loose braids on your hair and then leaving it open after a few minutes. If you have a curling iron at home, here’s what you can do to get bouncy tresses. Tie your hair up in a high pony tail. Split it into four sections and then curl each section separately. Open the ponytail and prepare to be wowed by what you see in the mirror.
* Try out wacky or vibrant accessories such as velvety headbands, a cute bow or funky hair clips, which will take the limelight away from your hair that may not be looking so great on a given day.
* You may be in a hurry and do not have the leisure to use a gel and a styling tool. A simple way is to cover it all up. A colourful head scarf, a bold turban headband or a bright scarf draped over your head can come to your rescue on such situations.