New Delhi, March 11 (IANS) To get creative with your looks, flaunt the off-shoulder tops you were always sceptical about! Wearing strapless outfits may not be easy for everyone; however, an expert suggests certain ways of going about it.
According to Bhavya Chawla, co-founder and chief stylist Voonik, off-shoulder necklines elongate the neck and show off your collar bones. It is about celebrating the femininity of a woman, without revealing much skin. This is one style that works well for all body shapes, she says.
Here are a few suggestions made by her:
* Triangle and hourglass body shapes can carry off this trend beautifully, as they have lovely slender shoulders. Off-shoulder outfits draw attention to the face and neck. This helps in keeping the negative attention away from the bigger stomach and heavier bust line, making it a sexy option for the round and inverted triangle body shapes.
* Keep in mind to wear slightly firmer fabrics in prints and darker shades, rather than the flimsy, thinner ones in lighter colours.
* With its flirty features, this trend lends a curvaceous appeal to the rectangle body shape. Off-shoulder tops that are slightly fitted can be styled with skinny pants, fitted skirts or even with the flared bottoms.
* Loose tops should be teamed with only fitted pants or shorts. The idea is not to make it loose on the upper body as well as the lower body.
* It is extremely important to wear well fitted strapless bras with your off-shoulder tops and dresses. This is the foundation to a great outfit.
* Your neck and shoulders should be blemish-free and smooth. Wear some concealer and foundation to cover up marks, if any.
* Accessorise with delicate necklaces, big hoops or even shoulder sweeping danglers which aren’t too chunky.
* Hair can be done up in a boho inspired bun, a plait or soft curls for brunches and beaches. For slightly formal occasions, you can pull up your hair in a sleek bun or even leave it blow dried.
* Opt for gladiators or strappy wedges to complete your look.