Moscow, Dec 24 (IANS) India and Russia on Thursday signed 16 agreements, including those relating to cooperation in helicopter engineering and constructing solar plants.
The agreements were signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Russia.
The 16 agreements include:
– Protocol amending the agreement between the Indian and Russian governments on simplification of requirements for mutual travel of certain categories of citizens.
– Protocol amending agreement on mutual travel regime for holders of diplomatic and official passports.
– Agreement on cooperation in the field of helicopter engineering.
– Plan for cooperation for combating customs violations.
– Programme of action for localising manufacturing in India for Russian-designed nuclear reactor units.
– Memorandum of Understanding on technical cooperation in railway sector.
– MoU regarding construction of solar energy plants in India.
– MoU for cooperation for development of centre of excellence for heavy engineering design.
– MoU on cooperation in the field of broadcasting.
– Tripartite Memorandum of Understanding between Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru, and Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU)
– MoU in the field of investment cooperation in the Russian far east between the Tata Power Company Limited and Ministry for Development of the Russian Far East.
– MoU for cooperation for geologic survey, exploration and production of hydrocarbons onshore and on the continental shelf of the Russian federation.
– MoU for cooperation for geologic survey, exploration and production of hydrocarbons onshore the Russian federation.