New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) As the season of festivities is around the corner, it is time to jazz up your wardrobe with Indo-western ensembles. Long jackets paired with gowns and mirror work peplum top with a dhoti style skirt should be in your wardrobe this festive season, says an expert.
Divya Sisodia, creative head and fashion stylist at VioletStreet, an online shopping destination, has shared tips:
* Long jacket paired with gowns: This ensemble can be worn for festive as well as casual days. Get a small embroidered patch on the jacket and the whole dress can end up in a slight flare. Perk up this look by throwing in some matching accessories and round off your look with a pair of nude pumps.
* Traditional long skirt with crop top and a silk ethnic jacket: The skirt can be stitched to full flare from a raw silk fabric and the top can feature an all over pattern in bright red and beige shades. Team up this ensemble with gold bangles and a statement ring. Pairing it with a lace crop top will give it an Indo-Western touch.
Layering it with an ethnic jacket will add some spice to the whole look.
* Funky digital printed maxi slit top paired with pencil pants: This regular top will keep you comfortable all day long. Pair this top with matching leggings to get endless compliments. You can also swap the look by opting for a plain black maxi slit top with bright hued and embroidered pencil pants.
* Separates: Separates are fiercely in this season. Walk with style and bespoke elegance in a plain crème coloured Angrakshak style front slit long kurta with ghera dhoti pants for that chic look. Style it with heavy and chunky silver jewellery and mojris to assume a bold and beautiful appearance.
* Mirror work peplum top with a dhoti style skirt: Peplum is back but this time in a different flavour. Raise your style stakes in a bright coloured peplum styled top done with detailed mirror work. Wear it high-necked or halter-necked and pair it up with a light hued dhoti skirt. Accessorise with pointed stilettos and a statement wrist cuff and let your attitude do the rest.