Rome, May 20 (IANS/AKI) The deportation of a Moroccan couple accused of supporting the Islamic State brings to 88 the number of terrorism suspects expelled from Italy since last year, Interior Minister Angelino Alfano said on Friday.
“Expulsions are continuing of individuals who we believe pose a threat to national security. These now amount to 88,” Alfano said in a statement.
The minister had ordered the repatriation of 59-year-old Khachia Brahim and his 50-year-old wife Loumiy Zhour aboard a flight to the Moroccan city of Casablanca, the statement said.
The couple were resident in the northern Italian city of Varese.