Madrid, June 4 (IANS) American golfer Justin Thomas stayed in the No. 1 spot in the World Golf Ranking released on Monday, ahead of his compatriot Dustin Johnson.
This week’s top-10 ranking witnessed no change, despite the Ohio memorial tournament results, in which Thomas and Johnson finished eighth, while Justin Rose of Britain came in the sixth spot, reported Efe.
However, American Bryson DeChambeau jumped 16 places to be ranked the 22nd, after his victory in Ohio.
Further down the rankings, Thorbjorn Olesen of Denmark rocketed 54 positions to be world No. 75, thanks to his victory at the Italian Open.
The current golf rankings and points are as follows:
1. Justin Thomas (USA) 8.96 average points
2. Dustin Johnson (USA) 8.70
3. Justin Rose (England) 8.39
4. Jon Rahm (Spain) 7.80
5. Jordan Spieth (USA) 7.75
6. Rory McIlroy (Northern Ireland) 7.00
7. Rickie Fowler (USA) 6.83
8. Jason Day (Australia) 6.67
9. Brooks Koepka (USA) 6.03
10. Hideki Matsuyama (Japan) 5.59