The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is open for regular operating hours during the Victoria Day weekend, beginning Friday, May 20 from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm. This is the last chance for people to see the iViva Mexico! exhibition, showcasing the clothing and culture of that country.
Discounted admission applies Friday evening from 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm. That same evening, is #FNLROM, presented by Ford Canada, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm. #FNLROM is a 19+ event and valid ID is required. During the remainder of the weekend, the ROM is open Saturday, May 21, to Monday, May 23, from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. Visitors of all ages can expect engaging programs and exhibitions.
WHAT: Victoria Day Weekend at the ROM highlights include:
- #FNLROM: Fashion, featuring live music, local eats, dancing, couture, and DJs
- Wildzone Workshops, an exciting way to get hands-on with select natural history specimens, including shells, feathers, bones and more
- Animal Explorers takes kids aged 12 and under around the ROM for guided scavenger hunts
- Tattoos: Ritual. Identity. Obsession. Art., a specially priced exhibition, and the recently opened exhibition A Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints
- Victoria Day is the last day to enjoy ¡Viva México! Clothing & Culture, while continuing exhibitions include The Franklin Exploration and Point & Punch: Historical Editorial Cartoons of J.W. Bengough (1851-1923) and Sam Hunter (1858-1939)
WHERE: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park
WHEN: Friday, May 20, 2016 to Monday, May 23, 2016
Wildzone Workshops take place from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (Saturday, May 21)
Animal Explorers run from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm (Sunday, May 22) – CINEWS